What Your Kitchen Pro Needs To Know If Your Cabinet Becomes Damaged
Our kitchens are the heart of our homes. They get a lot of traffic from the whole family and sometimes guests as you entertain. What if your kitchen cabinet become damaged in some way? We are careful and hope it never happens, but what do you do if it happens to you.
For small scratches and nicks a Touch-Up Kit may exist and you can contact your kitchen provider to see what is available. But for larger damage, cabinet repairs are best left to your kitchen pro. You can, however, help immensely with trouble shooting and even speed up the time it takes to fix the repair by providing the right information when you report the problem.
Here are 5 steps you can take to help your kitchen provider get your cabinet repair going fast.
- A picture is worth 1,000 words. Actually, take several pictures. Take at least one close up of the problem and then step back 3 steps and take another for a wider perspective. This is so easy today with smart phone cameras and it really helps when we can see the problem.
- If you purchased the kitchen directly, let us know the year of purchase and the cabinet line. If you know the color name that is great. The more information you have, the better job we can do helping you get it repaired. If you purchased your home as new construction from a builder, let us know who the builder’s was.
- Provide your name, the property address, your telephone number and email address. This is helpful, even if you think we have it, so we can get started right away and keep in communication with you.
- Write a thorough description of what needs repair. Be as detailed as you can. If you know what caused the damage, let us know as that may help trouble shoot the problem as well.
- Finally, by all means call us, but also send all of the information mentioned above together in one email. Getting all the information at the time of the report helps us get started on creating a solution for you quickly.
This entry was posted in cabinetry on .