Here is an excellent, no-flour recipe for this yummy dish. Courtesy of Lexi’s Clean Kitchen. This recipe is pretty quick to make, and healthy. Serve with steamed broccoli and cauliflower mash.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 shallot or small onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place flour in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in the arrowroot flour, shaking off the excess flour. Transfer to a plate.
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add chicken to skillet, working in batches if needed, to brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Add more oil between batches if necessary.
- Once chicken has finished, turn heat down to medium and add shallot and garlic to skillet and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, broth, capers, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits and stirring to combine.
- Turn down heat to simmer and add back chicken, cooking until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley, taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- If more sauce is desired to serve over pasta, double ingredients for sauce.
- Can sub ghee instead of butter!